Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BEING ABUSED IS NOT AN OPTION

I will never forget a woman who called me one morning and said to me. "Jeremiah this month makes it 18 years that i have been receiving the beating of my life in my marital home.
My husband started beating me 2 months after my wedding and i have hanged in there believing
someday, he will change."
I simply said madam, "so you had the opportunity to walk away 2 months after your wedding but you couldn't. I am sure you were whispering to yourself that "oh i don't want to leave because i don't know what family members, friends, relatives, church members, pastors and colleagues would say about me. I don't want them to embarrass me or mock me." So you had to suffer and suffer in a marriage with a man who claimed to love you but ended up treating you like a maid.
Well if you are one of those women, this is the time for you to think for yourself. You need to make a decision about your future, your marriage and the kind of people that gives peace of mind. Marriage isn't a place for you to suffer, it is not a place for you to weep and cry, don't allow anyone tell you shit about you enduring violence and all sort of abuse, be confident enough to make decisions that will empower and inspire your children in future.
You can never change a man, unless he is willing to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this, i will never allow myself to be abused by any man.

Thank you for this Jeremiah...

Jeremiah Oriola said...

You are always welcome